The FIVB World Tour is back in Long Beach, CA this week as part of the ASICS World Series of Beach Volleyball. Qualifier rounds for the $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam were held on Tuesday, August 23. Eight teams per gender gained entry into the 32 team main draw.
Advancing to the main draw were the following teams.
- Billy Allen and Theo Brunner (USA)
- Mark Burik and Stafford Slick (USA)
- George and Thiago (Brazil)
- Christian Redmann and Felipe Humana-Parades (Canada)
- Maxime Thiercy and Romain Di Giantommaso (France)
- Armin Dollinger and Lorenz Schumann (Germany)
- Michal Bryl and Kacper Kujawiak (Poland)
- Jonas Kissling and Marco Krattiger (Switzerland)
- Kelley Larsen and Betsi Flint (USA)
- Irene Pollock and Emily Day (USA)
- Liliane Maestrini and Maria Antonelli (Brazil)
- Josemari Alves and Fernanda Alves (Brazil)
- Carolina Maximo and Ana Patricia Ramos (Brazil)
- Kim Behrens and Anni Schumacher (Germany)
- Joy Stubbe and Jolien Sinnema (Netherlands)
- Ester Ribera and Amaranta Fernandez (Spain)
Visit http://photos.sos-photography.net/Sports/Beach-Volleyball/FIVB-Long-Beach-8-23-16 to view over 200 photos from the qualifier rounds.
Pool play starts on Wednesday and Thursday. The top three teams in the eight pools (24 total teams) will advance to Friday’s single-elimination rounds.
The women will hold their quarterfinals on Friday with their semifinals on Saturday. For the men, quarterfinals and semifinals will be on Saturday. Medal matches for both men and women are on Sunday.